We’re here to let you in on one of the best kept secrets in real estate, the 4th quarter! If you’re looking to sell your home and you missed the listing in the summer, there’s no need to wait until spring. In fact, if you do you could be missing out on a great opportunity to sell your home for more money and less hassle.
Read on for 5 great reasons to list your home this winter -
- Less Competition - A lot sellers don’t want to deal with the hassle of moving during the holidays, but if you're willing to put up with a little inconvenience, you could score big! With less homes on the market, your home is more likely to stand out. You’re also more likely to get more traffic to your open house which increases the chances of finding a buyer.
- More motivated and serious buyers - If a buyer is willing brave the elements and layer up with coats, scarves, and mittens to come see your home, they mean business. Buyers who look during the winter months are ready to make the move.
- Prepared Buyers - A winter sale can be successful because at the end of the year buyers have a clearer idea of their finances and what they can afford. And a prepared buyer is the best kind of buyer when you’re wanting a smooth and speedy transaction.
- Corporate Transfer Month - Studies show that the busiest month for business transfers is in January. These buyers relocating to the area need a home and they need a home fast. This could be the perfect win-win for both parties.
- Homes Show Well Decorated Inside and Out - With the snow and gray skies outside, there’s nothing more inviting than a cozy home. A fire in the fireplace, warm lighting, comfortable throw blankets and rugs all create a mood. Stage it right, and buyers might never want to leave. Which is kind of the point.
So, what are you waiting for? Give a member of the BHURDinUtah team a call and we can help you take advantage of this time of year.